Monday, January 28, 2008

Low Mileage

Last week was kind of a wash for running. My schedule actually had me not doing a lot (I don't know if that was a mistake, or if I really wasn't supposed to be doing a lot), but I actually did LESS. The main reason for this being that I was away on business and getting up at insane times like 5am. As we all know, I am not a morning person...and after sitting around in a dark room in focus groups all day I pretty much felt like all I wanted to do was sleep when I got back to my hotel (therefore skipping my 5 mile Thursday run).

So when the weekend came around I was very excited to log in my 10-miler. Not to mention that it was supposed to be absolutely beautiful on Sunday. I found a cool route that wouldn't bore me...all along the trails in Central Park, which meant that I also got some hills in as well as a pretty scenic route. I was EVEN going to get up early. Well, not early like I used to for the Roncker group in Cincy, but early for me now (I usually start my run around 10am).

But then, my poor little puppy (well, ok, my dog, she is 8 years old but I will always think of her as a puppy) got sick and was up ALL night. Bill and I were up until 4:30 with her. When we woke up at 10 she was still sick so we had to take her to the vet :( We had to keep an eye on her all day, so my ten mile run was out. BUT she is doing better now, and thats what matters!

AND it's not that bad, because this upcoming week I also have a 10-miler...so it's not like I am hiking up my mileage or anything.

This week I have to plan my runs around a happy hour on Thursday though. So I have to be REALLY good and run tonight, tomorrow AND Wednesday. No excuses!

No comments: