Monday, August 3, 2009

Welcome to the (Blogging) World!

Yay!

Seems like blogging has become a favorite pastime for runners :) I personally think it is a great way to log runs...much better than a training log. I mean, in a training log there is only a small section to write down how you felt during the run. Some of my entries would have to be shorted to:

hot, humid, but ok. better than chicago but same temps. pb crackers before ok on stomach. garmin ptttt. new chocolate gu great. crowded bc of nyrr training run. 10 min pace good. faster later...like at least 9:00 pace most of time but not sure bc of garmin.

or something like that. (Btw, that was a summary of my last 14 miler). And who knows what that all means when you re-read it?

ANYWAY, the point of this post was to introduce two new running blogs from running friends, and one older running blog from a running friend. So here goes:

The Runner Mom
This is my running buddy, Lauren's new blog that she just started this weekend! She is amazing because she is a mother of a two-going-on-three-year-old, a social worker, and STILL manages to run and train for marathons. And her husband is an avid biker too! I have no idea how they juggle all of this, so I just have to admire her.

Eat N Run NYC
This is my running buddy Rebecca's blog. She introduced me to Dinosaur BBQ, which is the best bbq in NYC, so her title is fitting. :) She started this blog as her summer project. Rebecca is another crony from the Advanced group and her blog not only details her running life but also her life in NYC and how cool it is to live here. (And it is VERY cool to live here).

Vaya
This is my friend Jen, from Cincy, who started running with me way back in the old days. (Way back in the old days means the Hyde Park Blast 2006). She is now another Roncker runner and has had her blog for quite awhile, detailing all of her running adventures.

So that's it!
I personally already read about a million blogs on my lunch hour already, but I am ALWAYS willing to read more :)

No comments: