Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hyde Park Course

Tonight training for the Hyde Park Blast. It should be fun because I've recruited some friends who are running it to join me and Bill tonight. Unfortunately I think it just may be the muggiest day of the year. So it may help to wait until later.

I will be interested to see how I think the hills are in the course this year. I'm sure I will still think they are bad, but maybe they will not be AS bad, since I have trained so many hills for the pig, and I had been doing hill drills while I was in London. I don't know. I remember Menlo (I think that is the name) being absolutely horrible and I think it was at the end of the race.

Last night I hit the gym for some more weight training. I tried to not overdo it this time. I know I said last week that I didn't overdo it, but it was about two hours after I posted that I could barely walk because I was so sore. I was smart this time and when I got to the quad machine and did one rep and felt pain in my knee I hopped right off! No need to tear up my knees just so I can do reps on those machines. If I make it past noon without a ton of soreness I will be golden. I'll welcome some soreness since that just means my muscles are tearing and rebuilding themselves, but I do need to play in Landor's softball game tomorrow! (and more importantly, run injury-free this weekend in the Blast!)

No comments: