Monday, June 25, 2007

Clean Bill of Health

Yay! I got my toenails checked out (finally) and I DON'T have a fungal infection. But what I do have is traumatic onycholysis (I was going to put a link here, but the photos on the pages I found are so gross that I decided not to). Basically all that means is that the top of my nail has seperated from the nail bed. She said if I clip them very short and make sure I dry them with a hair dryer after I get out of the shower, they should grow back fine and I won't lose anything. She also gave me this great article called Nail Disorders in the Elderly Woman (I provided the link for download...it is a really really good article). She said that I would have to promise not to get mad about the elderly part because it was really for all women and she didn't know why they put elderly there and all of her patients complain to her that they are not elderly when she gives them the article. (Then she whited out the "Elderly" before giving me a copy, which made me laugh). I also have to put a vinegar solution under my toenails at night. Gross. That gives a whole new meaning to stinky feet. BUT at least I will be able to paint my toenails and wear sandles again! Hurrah! I just might redeem the manicure/pedicure gift certificate I got for my birthday this week!

No comments: