Friday, June 29, 2007

Yay! I Love Race Bags!

Last night Bill and I went to Bob Roncker's to pick up our race bags and numbers. The race bags were sooooooo good.

Now, I don't run races to get bags or t-shirts, but they are definitely a bonus. I love them! They are like those bags that stars get for showing up for awards ceremonies, but a lot less cool. But don't get me wrong, I am super happy with just a coupon or a PowerBar. I wasn't expecting a ton out of these bags. Last year we got a Nike Gear Bag (cool), a Snicker's Marathon Bar (which I ate before the race and felt TERRIBLE...now I can never eat one again!) and a candy jar (???). But the shirts were super cool so I didn't care.

THIS YEAR we got so much cool stuff I can't remember it all (but I will try):
1. A really cute shirt that says "BUST a hump up the hills" (the boys' say SHUT UP and run, the kids' say ZOOM past my slow parents and the volunteers' say WET yourself here).
2. A really cute hat that goes with the shirt
3. John Frieda color glaze full-sized (sorry, John Frieda, not all runners are BLONDE, though)
4. Goody grippy hair bands
5. Another Snickers Marathon Bar (Bill can have mine)
6. Laundry detergent samples
7. A green piggy bank from National City that is half of a pig that you hang on your refrigerator
8. A Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
9. A coupon for $25 to Bob Roncker's if you test drive a Toyota
10. A coupon for $10 off a $50 purchase at Bob Roncker's
11. A Propel powder supplement to put in your bottled water
12. A bunch of reminders for other races
13. A flyer for Fleet Feet which I thought was funny since we were at Bob Roncker's
14. A super cool Nike water bottle...not one of those cheap ones made out of plastic, but the expensive ones that you can put in the dishwasher made out of that like really techy plastic (I can't think of what it's called)
15. Some other stuff that I can't remember because I was driving and Bill was looking through the bag.

I think this by far is my favorite race bag!
(What all have you ever gotten in a race bag that is cool?)

I can't wait! It is going to be so much fun!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Hey Emily!

Race bags are awesome! I had to comment though about you getting the blonde John Frieda product. I who am a blonde got the one for red heads! Oh well, all of the other stuff was awesome! Are you doing the fall marathon training?

Unknown said...

Oh boo! That stinks! I just assumed everyone got blonde because the 6 race bags my husband and I picked up for our friends had blonde!

I AM doing the fall marathon training program! I am so excited! I hope you two are coming back too!