Monday, June 25, 2007

Closet Catastrophe!

So, I FINALLY started switching my winter clothes with my summer clothes and this is a HUGE deal and usually takes an entire weekend to do. Why am I writing about this in my running blog? Because of this. Yeah. I have no trouble praising myself or noticing how great I look and how muscular I am. I guess I never thought this would translate into me having to buy new clothes. NONE of my jeans FIT...and not in a good way, like "oh I lost two sizes!" No, like I can't pull my jeans all the way up. Bill attributes this to thigh muscles. My shirts that I can't pull down he attributes to back muscles. This one I couldn't buy. I don't really have back muscles. He then moves his arms back and forth like he's running and tells me that all the training has GOT to give me back muscles even if I don't notice them.

So we went to the mall and now I understand the whole 'oh ha ha ha, it takes women 30 years to find a pair of jeans'. I didn't even go to the juniors department where I usually go, because I have come to the conclusion that although I am thin, I also have things like hips. I tried on pair after pair of "mom jeans". Ugh.

I came to the conclusion that this is my problem (which is probably the problem of a gazillion other women athletes) long legs but not a lot of width, slender hips, tiny butt, muscular thighs (well, and for me, a little pooch that I cannot get rid of...so, no low rise for me...but no "mom jeans" either!)I told Bill there needs to be an "athletic" fit. If I were a fashion designer, I would make them.

I finally ended up at Lucky Jeans, paying more than I wanted to, but at least they look ok. Running is getting to be expensive.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I totally agree! Clothes, especially jeans, just do not fit the same after the Pig training! I would totally support some sort of athletic line of jeans and other hard-to-fit apparel. My goal for getting in shape for the Pig was going to be to buy myself a pair of designer jeans but nothing will fit...and we are NOT old enough for mom jeans!

Runner Leana said...

Loved your post! I'm starting to see the inches go, and I am now at the maddening stage where my bigger clothes are too large, but then the size down isn't quite right yet... I'll be happy when I have more than 3 pairs of pants I can wear. Love Lucky jeans....they are expensive...are they having a sale on now though?

Good luck on the Hype Park Blast!

Unknown said...

OK. Well, I am glad to hear that I am not crazy. Oh and uh, Lucky has SALES? That is good to know. I will have to keep that in mind :)

Runner Leana said...

I think they have a sale twice a year. I seem to remember stocking up and giving them way too much of my money somewhere around this time last year. Sadly I now live no where close to a Lucky store. Maybe that is better for the pocketbook though...