Thursday, June 21, 2007

Waited Too Long

GRRRRRR!
So I think I jumped on the bandwagon way too late. I honestly feel like I JUST got back and had time to think about running for a charity for the Chicago Marathon. I think ALL of them are CLOSED OUT! I have one email in to the one charity that is remaining that doesn't have big red letters on their website saying their team is filled. But I am not holding any high hopes.

I mean, I even asked myself 'do I REALLY want to do this again?..do I really want to put my body through this more than once a year? Maybe just a 10k in the fall and then a marathon in the spring.' But the more I thought about it, the more I had to answer with a resounding YES. I really really want to do this.

And I really really want to run a BIG marathon. But I have a bunch of other things in my life to worry about right now, whereas, I don't know how easy it will be to get to some of these other cities in October or November. Chicago would have been a good option. STRESS.
Otherwise, I would not be such a brat about where the marathon would be. I guess I should seek out other options. Maybe DC. Who knows. All I know is that I can't wait forever, and apparantly charities fill their spots up super fast too. :)

3 comments:

RunnerGirl said...

I'm running the Chicago marathon for the Organization for Autism. I know their spots are all filled for Chicago, but not for DC. Its a great charity to run for because they don't have a minimum amount you have to raise. Are you going to train with the Running Spot group again?

Unknown said...

I will be training with the Running Spot again! Their programs are so great and I can't imagine trying to tackle it on my own. (OK, I know, I sound like a commercial for them...but it's true...they are great)

Doc09MUSC said...

I missed on the NYC and DC. The good news is we are now signed up for a Disney vacation in January along with the marathon. Good luck.