Monday, June 4, 2007

Not a Morning Person

Maybe I will have to revise this?

I made the decision to get up early this morning (ok, early for me...6:50) and get my workout in. I have been really bad about working out since Bill was visiting last week. (Which actually is funny. I worked out 3 times last week. Usually that is a lot for me, but since I moved here for the last few weeks I have been working out 5-6 times a week). So I figured I needed to work out today. BUT the problem was that I have been trying to pamper my feet since they are still gross. Well, wearing a pair of cheap high heels that cut into my toes all day at work on Friday did not help. I have never done this before, but I think I am going to try to return them. I mean they REALLY messed up my feet!!! The stores close early here, and I have to eat dinner sometime, so I decided the only time I could work out would be this morning.

It wasn't a huge deal, because there is construction outside of my hotel room every morning which starts around 6, so I usually just lie in bed cursing them for 2 hours.

I made my way to the gym, looking like hell, to use the erg machine.

I had a pretty decent workout!

And afterwards I had a lot of energy!!!

And I could take my time getting ready for work, because I now had an hour, not 15 minutes to half an hour, so I actually had time to fix my hair correctly and worry about what I was wearing and my makeup. In other words, I don't look like the typical slob designer...which makes ME feel better.

OK, the hard thing will be to keep this up when I get home. Its all well and good to get up when you are already having trouble sleeping and walk across the street to the gym. But what about a nice comfy bed in a quiet neighborhood where you have to drive to the gym? We'll see. I'm really really really going to try.

No comments: