Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I'm Back

So I decided to sliiiiide back into my training. Easy.
Last night, Bill and I hit Lunken airport's bike trail with our dog, Benvy, with the intent of doing 2 miles. It was HOT. And it was MUGGY.

I know, I know, every other runner in Cincinnati thinks I am crazy. They all think last night was pleasant for a run.

Let me tell you, the whole thing zapped me. 2 miles felt like way more. My dog and Bill both beat me. But it wasn't like 'oh I was sweaty' or 'oh I was too hot'. No, my legs actually fatigued out. And I was even drinking a lot of water yesterday (although the trip to Skyline at lunch where I pigged out on cheese fries, a chedderwurst coney, and a chilli cheese sandwich probably didn't help).

This heat is crazy.
I told Bill it is psycho that I was like "oh, 12 miles in sub-zero temperatures...it was kind of sort of enjoyable." Yet I can't do a lousy 2 miles in heat.

Pttt.
Tonight is weight training.

No comments: