Friday, June 1, 2007

Be-yoo-ti-ful!

Wow! It was so nice out yesterday! Perfect running weather! I always feel like a tool when I mention weather in my blog, but it has seriously been terrible here. It rains every day and has been pretty cold too. So when its nice out, it is SUCH a rare thing.

Bill and I did a nice easy 2.68 miles (I thought we had done more, but checking afterwards on mapmyrun.com, found out the real distance. Whoops). I felt pretty good too. Which is good, because the day before felt really really hard, even though it was only 2 miles. Maybe the lesson is to not take days off. When I take a day off, it seems really hard to get back into it. Well, maybe I can take a DAY off, but not three days off.

I don't even run with my ipod. It seems pointless when you are only out there for twenty something minutes. I just sing songs in my head. Yesterday it was the song from Ferris Bueller's Day Off (I think it is called "March of the Swivelheads"), you know, in the end where he is running through people's lawns to beat his parents home? (Hmmm, sorry for the Ferris Bueller spoiler, for anyone who has not seen the movie :) Anyway, I was singing that I think because I was weaving in and out of all the people on the sidewalk to run. Maybe with all of the weaving I really did do 3 miles yesterday!

No comments: