Friday, June 22, 2007

Sooooooo Excited!

Hurrah! I WILL be running the Chicago Marathon! I got accepted onto Team CdLS and will be raising money for Cornelia de Lange Syndrome. I have heard from a lot of people that running for a charity actually enhances the whole marathon experience, so I am looking forward to it.

It will be a lot of work though, so I have to start thinking creatively (you would think this would be easy for a graphic designer, but not so much!)

I also have the best friends in the world. When I told my friend Anne (one of the members of Team Emily)she asked when it was and then said "we'll have to go up and cheer you on". Susie was disappointed when she found out the date because she has a wedding to go to. And Bill was like "we'll have to call your sister so she can figure out a route for us to see you" (she lives in Chicago).

I am so excited! And I can't believe training already starts on the 7th!

Oh yes, and I can't believe the Hyde Park Blast is already next weekend! I almost forgot to sign up!

NB: Could this post have more exclamation points? I am lame.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very awesome! Chicago is my first marathon, and I'm super psyched for it.

Have you seen the course yet? It's a LOT flatter than Cincinnati!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your spot on TeamCdLS! I ran the marathon on TeamCdLS in 2003 and it was a wonderful experience. I'm also the parent of a daughter with CdLS and I appreciate your efforts on behalf of her and all children with CdLS. Good luck! We'll be cheering you on!

Unknown said...

Thanks Christy!
I am excited to be raising money for such a worthy cause. I think it will be a great experience to run with the team.