Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Healthy Habits

So, as my time in London draws to a close I am wondering if I can keep up my healthy habits. I don't know what it is about home, but it seems so much easier to be unhealthy. And here's the weird thing: Bill has been eating healthily at home. I have been eating healthily here. But when he came to visit I can't count the number of meals that we had with fries (ok, "chips"), plus all kinds of other unhealthy things. I guess we are a bad influence on each other. I always thought it was me making him unhealthy. :)

One thing I really really like that I've adopted is that I drink a ton of water every day. This kind of started when I gave up pop for Lent. Now I can't even drink the stuff. It is so super sugary it doesn't even taste good to me. I think the trick for me is to keep a bottle of water at my desk that I keep refilling. It is also nice because the kitchen is literally 20 feet from my desk (in Cincinnati I have to walk across the entire office...which is BIG). So I will have to figure something out about that.

Also, I have been working out six days a week. I would really really love to keep that habit up. It makes me feel so much better. I guess it is also a lot easier to do this when you are tackling 2-3 miles a night instead of 12-14. I think the key is probably to mix it up.

Like last night I just didn't feel like running last night, so I hit the erg machine instead. This was probably good because it was a HARD workout (I was mentally finished after 15 minutes). In my mind, if a workout is hard, that means it was a workout that was needed.

Anyway, I am going to try really really hard to keep being healthy when I get home. I hope history is not an indicator of this all going downhill eventually. We'll see.

No comments: