Wednesday, June 6, 2007

To Run or Not to Run

So for the past few days I have had this horrible horrible cold. Unfortunately, this has curtailed my plan to run in the mornings. And when I get home I am so exhausted that I just basically poop out. All of this kind of stinks, because I know how I get when I skip too many days of running (I don't want to run anymore). The issue is complicated by the fact that tomorrow night I fly out to Hamburg (flights are so cheap from here, how could you not visit another country!!!). I get to play tourist for a day and a half, so there will be no running there. But anyway, back to my original point. I have been confused on whether I should be trying to run or not. I consulted a bunch of websites, which said if you are sick from the neck up, you are okay to work out moderately. I read this as "shorter runs" and "moderate pace". No repeats. No sprint work. WebMD said that working out might actually HELP you feel better.

My issue is actually making myself do it.

I am incredibly stuffed up and weepy. Plus I had a bit of insomnia last night, so I am super tired on top of that. I hate being sick! Don't you think it's funny how when you are well you don't really appreciate the greatness of an unstuffy head? I always think, 'wow, I should really appreciate being well. When I get unstuffed it is going to feel sooooo great!' And then when I actually get unstuffed I don't notice it. And then, I'm like 'oh wait. I'm not stuffy anymore.'

ANYWAY, I have been listening to my body more than my head, and NOT running. Which is probably good. Hopefully this cold will all be gone soon.

No comments: