Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Lifting. Yay!

It is nice to be back at a gym that has weights!
And I don't know if there was some 20/20 episode about the benefits of lifting weights or something like that on or what, but the weight room was packed. Usually there are just the "regulars" which include about 3 people, but there were a LOT of people there last night, including a lot of women.

I did the whole body routine...arms, legs, back and chest. My arms are soooooo weak. I was doing 15 reps 3 times of light weights so that I could work on building lean muscle. My weight on my arms was pitiful...but my weight on my legs was DOUBLE what I started with before marathon training. Crazy. (And NO I was NOT overdoing it).

It felt really good to do some weight training. It made me not want to run tonight. It made me want to stay in the cool confines of the gym. But alas! I have to get used to this heat and mugginess.

No comments: