Monday, June 4, 2007

GROSS

Ok. Yes. I am talking about my toenails again. So stop reading if you are squeamish.

So after removing my nail polish and looking at my toenails again I started to worry. And I started to think that maybe wearing nail polish on my toenails was sort of exacerbating the problem. So I went to Superdrug to check out solutions. There is this one topical medication that is like nail polish but I cannot find it ANYWHERE. The only reason I know about it is that I got a pamphlet on it at the London marathon. It has these gross illustrations of toenails on it and I kept reading the brochure over and over this weekend (Bill was like "you are obsessed with that brochure aren't you?") So I didn't find that. But I found this other lacquer that looked the same. It was expensive! 16.99 GBP which translates roughly to $34!!! I didn't get it after I read that it was for "preventative treatment for healthy nails". That is not me.

So then I came back and started searching online. This is all very gross.. I think I have either distal subungual onychomycosis or proximal subungual onychomycosis or both, if possible.

I say this because my big toenails are brownish yellow and on closer inspection they have a bunch of white dots by the cuticle. So according to IntelliHealtheven if I do get this thing treated, it will most likely fall off, wwhich is I guess what you all have been telling me from the very beginning even when I was bragging that I had solved the problem with my stupid Sally Hansen Miracle Nail. And even if they don't treatment takes 12 weeks of therapy with an oral medication...which I won't even be able to get until I get home, which is 2 weeks from now!

No cute peep toed high heels all summer :(

No comments: