Sunday, May 6, 2007

THANK YOU!!!

YAY! I did it!

Thank you...

"Team Emily" (which includes my husband, parents, and my other "alcoholic" friends)...you know you have a support team when your friends don hot pink shirts bedazzled and puffy-painted holding signs to cheer you on 7 times during the course!!

Mom, Dad and Bill, you peeled my disgusting socks off afterwards as I implemented the cool "hold your legs up" trick, you made sure my space blanket didn't fly away in the wind and you took me to IHOP

Coach Joe and the Running Spot Team, you are an inspiration and I was able to make it through the whole thing because of you! It is so cool to know that you have a team of coaches chasing you around the course with encouragement, aspirin and anything else you may need.

The Running Spot Group, we all went through this together and it was great to see everyone finish, and even greater to share a beer with you all tonight at our "after-party"

The woman holding the sign in Eden Park that said "Your Hair Looks Great", it made me laugh

The guy in Eden Park with the sign that said "You are all heroes" which almost made me cry right there on the course

The guy dressed as the Burger King on Hyde Park Square YOU made me laugh even harder

Amber, Crystal and Eric, whose blogs inspired me and let me know that I am not the only crazy runner out there who does funny things while I run (I may shadow box, but I guess some of you yodel :)

Bob Roncker, your training program has helped me to love running, I NEVER thought last year when I struggled through the Hyde Park Blast that I would be running a marathon this year

Uh, all of YOU GUYS, by that I mean THE READERS!!! You have inspired me to do my best, picked me up when I was having a bad day, offered me great advice, and let me know that you are all out there struggling with me through all of those long runs. When I started this blog, its main purpose was to keep me on my training schedule (because I would have something else that made me accountable) I never dreamed of the support I would get from the readers. YOU are all TRULY AWESOME. You have made my day many times!

This of course is NOT the end of the marathon entries. These are just my post-race ramblings for now.

Anyway, congrats to all that finished. You are amazing!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

From a second year finisher, Congrats Emily!!
I also liked Burger King, but my favorite was Scooby!
See you next year!
Keith Connor

Anonymous said...

Congrats Emily!! I enjoyed reading your blog as a first time marathoner myself. It was awesome to read what you wrote because I was going through all the same things too. Thanks so much for sharing your blog!

Get some rest!
Becky Lelii

Amber said...

I saw the Burger King guy too! It did make me smile! I have loved reading your blog. Your sense of humor and perspective was refreshing! Thank you for keeping me entertained this marathon season. Looking forward to the Hyde Park Blast! CONGRATULATIONS on your first marathon!

Amber

patrice said...

LOVED your blog -- it kept me lauging and inspired me during my training. This was my first marathon, and I had a BLAST!! I can't believe how much fun it was. Thank you for the legs up in the air tip you gave in April (or was it March?). It helped so much after any longish run. I stressed out for you when you had to go to London so close to May 6! Glad everything worked out so well for you. I know you were close to me around the halfway mark -- I saw AA signs and heard people yelling Go Emily! Did you see the guys in the hospital gowns with the fake rear ends sticking out? Was hysterical! Will look forward to your additional blog entries!!

Patrice Mosby

Unknown said...

I finished right behind of the hospital gown guys...they were hilarious!