Thursday, May 24, 2007

Little Miss Healthy

(I call myself, as I finish my chocolate croissant for breakfast). But seriously, I think big city life is so much more conducive to a healthy lifestyle. At least for me, the fast food queen.

I drink about 2 litres of water a day and always have fruit at least once a day. I don't even really want soda anymore (not to mention that whenever I have had one here, my body is so not used to the caffeine, that it keeps me up all night). I have cut down on potato chips (even though they have really great varieties here, like thai chicken and curry, and parsnip and mature cheddar). I don't eat a lot of fried, which henceforth has been my favorite food group. I think places like Pret which are ubiquitous here, help with my want of healthy foods a lot.

I also am feeling a lot more motivated to work out.

AND...there's all the walking. I did a mile to work this morning, which means I'll walk at LEAST another mile today. Plus whatever I do tonight (ok, which tonight I think will actually be resting since I have Beat the Banana tomorrow).

It's kind of nice. I'm sure when I get home I will reign again as fast food queen though, I have no self control when it comes to that. Let's hope that I can keep this up though (as much as possible).

No comments: