Wednesday, May 2, 2007

What's Next for Runnergrrrl?

Well, I thought I would be joining another training group, this time for the Hyde Park Blast. HOWEVER, I just found out yesterday that after the marathon I will be returning to jolly olde England for 6 weeks! This will become my true running test. Will I be able to keep it up on my own? Who knows. I hope so. But I am definitely one of those people who thrive in a group. And let me tell you, if my husband decides he doesn't want to go to the gym when we get home, I have a really hard time going by myself. So we'll see.

It will also be kind of hard to train for the Blast without blasting through all of those hills in Hyde Park during the training. Although there are hills here, the real Hyde Park is no match for our Cincinnati version. Not to mention that today our high is supposed to top off around 67, whereas I heard yesterday in Cincinnati was more like 80.

Oh well, I will definitely keep on running. I have no excuse. It is only 4.1 miles!!!!
AND, I've decided to keep the blog. I KNOW it says that it's about marathon training, but I guess that will just have to change to more all-encompassing running. Not as exciting, but I don't care. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Runner Grrrl,

Yes, keep up your Blog. Maybe your group will have to be more electronic that "real" for a while. Hopefully, you'll look back on the 6 weeks in "Jolly Olde England" and it will seem like nothing. To me, and I hope you (because Runners are the best kind of people), the more important goal is the long term. And, since you are young, you've got a lifetime to choose or not choose to run. Hopefully, you'll get the same chance to choose, or not choose traveling so much. I look back on my travels (business) when I was younger, and I'm glad to have had the experience......but TODAY, I'm happy to be a bit more "planted" in Cincy!

Take Care and keep on Running & Blogging!

AC

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your running life. I know that you have helped to keep me motivated for the 1/2 marathon. It's nice to know that others are preparing in a similar manner albeit for a much longer run.

I am looking forward to my first Flying Pig!

Maybe you have found a second career? As a blogger that is!