Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Recovery

I am already suffering from post-marathon blues. Like, what? No more fun 12 mile runs with the group? It is even worse, because Coach Joe sent out an email saying they are meeting for a recovery run tonight, AND a team karoke night on Thursday. Ptttt! I will only be singing to myself in the shower (oh wait, bath, I don't HAVE a shower) at my flat in London. Boo! I want to see my group again!

But, Coach Joe also sent a good tip to us. Walking backwards down steps. This may just save me. My legs are total mush and people are looking at me funny today as I walk up and down the steps. I think I look like a newborn colt who is just standing up for the first time. NOT graceful at all. My quads are KILLING me.

However, I am looking into joining a "meet-up" for runners in London and hopefully doing a road race or two while I am there the next few weeks. Even though the description of most of these meet-ups is like "we're really more into drinking than running". They all meet for a couple of miles and then hit the pub. And this is different from the Cincinnati groups, how?

I went to Los Portales last night for dinner and saw a girl wearing her medal. I almost went up to her and congratulated her, but she was gone before my margarita was. I wore my medal all day Sunday...even to Target and to dinner! Everyone at work was like "uh, why aren't you wearing it all week? I would be if I ran a marathon!"
I thought about it, but I think I would have a hard time getting through security at the airport.

No comments: