Thursday, May 17, 2007

Beat the Banana

Oh yeah! and I DID end up finding a lot of running stuff. The distinction here, is that races are not called "races" or "road races" but "events". So I was searching in the completely wrong way.

I signed up for the most absurd one I could find which is called "Beat the Banana". (I like the picture of the runner on the website).

The description of the race says: The events, which involve participants trying to catch a runner dressed as a banana, will be held in cities from Bristol to Liverpool.

It is a 5k, and the funniest part is that when I signed up I had to tick off boxes promising that I was in good health and that I would not try to trip or slow down the banana in any way!!! Lol!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At scout camp we sing the "banana song"! Be, be , be, be banana! Peel, peel, peel, peel banana! Go, go, go, go bananas! Each one with the appropriate gestures!

Getting back to running...doing a 5K Sunday at at easy pace. No banana's to catch!

Think I am going to run the Disney World 1/2 marathon in January! Philadelphia Distance Run is next in September.
TurtleRunner