Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Repeat, Repeat

So last night I tackled Penton Rise. It was either 6 or 7 times. I lost count and I think I may have done 7, but just to be on the safe side I will say I only did 6.

I find that when doing hill repeats I tend to space out. I don't know if this is a good thing or not. I guess it is good when it comes to racing, because I don't really think about the hill. I should probably be concentrating on my technique a little more though, when I am actually practicing. For example, I tend to run on my toes when I am going up a hill. I talked to one of my coaches about this and asked if it was wrong, and he said "well, it's not really wrong, you're just making yourself work harder." Yeah, well hills are hard enough...I don't need to be a martyr.

I hate to admit it, but it seemed like a kind of wimpy hill. It looks impressive from far away, but running it I only started to really feel it in my calves after the 5th (or 6th) one. And I actually feel fine today. So I don't know what to do...

My plan was to run every other day and do some sort of resistance training on the other days, working out 6 days a week, taking one complete day of rest...which is kind of ridiculous, since I WALK EVERYWHERE. I mean I walk .77 miles to work every day (thank you mapmyrun.com) plus walking back, plus walking a mile to dinner and a mile back every night. Wow, I guess I shouldn't worry about my legs turning to mush I guess. I didn't realize I was walking that much until I just put it all down here.

OK, so I guess I will just plan to do my normal walking and my resistance training tonight. I miss the gym!!! Resistance training stinks when you could be loading up a machine with weights and seeing how strong you are :)

No comments: