Friday, May 25, 2007

Muskles

My legs are like solid rocks! I guess that is what happens when you run like a crazy-woman. I mean, I should have kind of expected that, but I LOVE it!

And I never really believed my friend (who also happens to run) Jen, when she said running builds up your abs. But after the marathon my abs (along with everything else) were killing me. Now, I don't have a washboard stomach like she does, but I am definitely slimming down. In fact, I lost an inch and a half off of my waist from January. I know this does not sound like a lot, but for me it is. I have had the same waist size since the end of high school, which was (holy cow) 10 years ago!

My arms are definitely more defined. That, I guess was the most surprising to me. My arms just do NOT get definition. And my arm muscles are sad. When I used to go to the gym to lift on the machines I would have to do my should presses on a setting of 15 pounds. In the meantime I am watching 14 year old girls and skinny women in their late 60s lift 45 pounds on the same machine. But every time I went on a 10 plus mile run, at around 9 or 10 miles sometimes my arms would feel like they were going to fall out of their sockets. My husband was like "duh, you've been moving your arms back and forth for almost 2 hours!" I guess it makes sense if you think about it.

Anyway, I am loving it!

Tonight, I run the Beat the Banana in Hyde Park (London, not Cincy...much flatter) and tomorrow I hit the gym for weight training.

No comments: