Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Excuses Excuses

So, yesterday I had a crap day at work. I was angry the whole mile walk home, and then I REALLY realized how angry I was when I started talking to my husband. So needless to say, I didn't feel like running last night.

It's funny though because active.com recently published one of the Penguin's first article's called "Miles to Go" on their website. It was the first article I have ever read from the Penguin, and I thought 'Wow, that's how I feel about running'. It made me want to read more. But the original point I was getting to, was that he mentions how when he is feeling awful, he goes for a run and it makes him feel better. Usually that is true for me. And I think it might have made me feel better last night too, but instead I opted to stuff my face with comfort food, go back to the hotel, and watch my favorite British show on Channel 4.

That means I have to run tonight. It is difficult, having Bill here visiting. It makes me want to just laze around and talk. I guess I take those things for granted when I am at home, so if I were at home, I would probably have gone out for a run. The thing that cracks me up though, is that it is not like by running I am choosing NOT to spend time with him. He brought workout clothes and bought a new pair of running shoes before he left so that he could run with me here. I guess I was just feeling lazy and sorry for myself last night. :)

1 comment:

Runner Leana said...

That show looks hilarious....wish we got that here!!

Good luck getting your run in.