Monday, July 2, 2007

Fun Run

So the Hyde Park Blast was a lot of fun, and everyone did really well. The weather was sooooo much better than last year. But it was funny because I didn't remember there being so many up hills when we ran the course on Tuesday! I guess that's because Bill and I were talking the whole way and I missed them. Saturday I had my headphones on. :)

Bill and I separated from each other early on, when he tried to say something to me and I took my headphones out and he figured "she's into her music, not into talking, I'm going to do my own thing". Which was fine, because I was definitely not feeling it. I mean I didn't feel crappy like I do sometimes in a race (where I am like "ugh, when is it going to be over, my legs are sooooo heavy!"). But I definitely didn't feel great either. So, after the first half mile I decided just to have fun instead. So I didn't do badly...I finished at 36:35, which means a 9:09 pace. Eh, that's exactly what I ran the Thanksgiving Day 10k at, so not too hot. Not too bad either though, and I actually had a lot of fun.

My friends did great though. ESPECIALLY Bill! He came in at a 34:33, which is an 8:39 pace! This was his first race. And following tradition, we went to Dairy Queen for ice cream since he got a PR :) It was fun cheering on all of the Landorians.

Afterwards we all went to my friend Anne's for tons of food and mimosas. Mmmmmmm.

No comments: