Friday, July 6, 2007

Back in the Groove

So, I start it all again tomorrow (marathon training group). I was kind of getting used to sleeping in on Saturdays, but hey, getting up to run is good for me. I just wonder how much mileage we are going to start with...the website says that you should be able to run 6-7 miles or approximately one hour, easily. Last time, I assumed that this meant that we would start with 6-7 miles. But we actually did a 3 or 4 mile run (your choice). Not to already sound lazy, but I hope that is what we do again.

Oh and I am going to try and nip a really bad running habit of mine in the butt (bud? butt?) this time around. I have this tendency to drive through McDonald's on the way home from practice and get the sausage and egg mcmuffin meal (with no egg). If I don't do that I stop at Bigg's and get a donut. Not the healthiest options. I am going to try and stick to cereal and fruit like I have every day. Maybe bring a banana in the car to curb the temptation. We'll see how long that lasts.

The other thing that will be different is that we will have a new coach. Coach Joe is going to check in every now and then but for the most part Coach Joe (ha ha...a different Coach Joe. Coach Joe F.) will be taking over. He was also one of the coaches last time and I like him a lot too.

I am also looking forward to seeing who came back for a second. You know, who exactly are the gluttons for pain? Just kidding. I think doing one marathon makes you a glutton for pain. :) It was such a good group that I hope most of them come back.
So I am looking forward to it, but I would have liked another Saturday to sleep in. I guess I will have to do that on Sundays now.

No comments: