Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sweaty Girl

It has been sooooo humid lately!

I went for my negative split run last night (and actually for real did a negative split...in fact, I had two minutes left over) and when I came back I was so sweaty. I actually had a film of sweat all over me, and I was only out for 40 minutes! (I don't really sweat very much ever. I could run 9 miles usually and not sweat). It was gross.

But even grosser (is that a word?) is that I had a softball game afterwards. I basically just keep my running clothes on and pull my t-shirt over. Well, I change my shoes of course too. But I was being finicky about my pigtails and decided to redo them. I could have wrung them out. Nasty. I do not like all of this sweat. It was even worse on the field.

I am so done with this humidity. It is really throwing my times off. I just have to keep telling myself that I am running slower because of all this heat and humidity. Apparantly other people are feeling it too, because Coach Joe F sent out an email telling us not to get discouraged if we felt slow, because the heat and humidity are so bad that they are bound to slow us down.

By the way, I just looked at the humidity for yesterday...it got up to 93%. Gross.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Hi Emily!

Well make that two sweaty girls. I went running this morning at 5:15 AM and it was 77 degrees, and about 100% humidity. It was very sweat inducing! I love working up a good sweat, but can't stay in those wet clothes too long afterwards. Remember BG is so important when it is hot and humid. It looks like we should get a break on Saturday morning. Man we will complain about the weather anytime! It's too hot, too cold, too humid, too sunny! :) Did yall win the softball game? See ya Saturday!

Unknown said...

I know, I feel like half the time all I do is talk about the weather on this blog! We did NOT win the game...in fact, we quite embarrassingly lost...something like 28-7. Whoops. There's always next week :)