Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Catch-up

So I DID have to work late last night. But as I was feeling sorry for myself, looking out the window I noticed it was lightning. So I'm thinking the run was called off yesterday. So, now I will be playing catch-up like I always do.

I don't know why, but it stresses me out when I can't stay on schedule...even when I make up my runs. I feel like I am a hamster on a wheel and get all stressed about it.
Maybe this is because I take the little calendar/schedule they give us at the running group and write down my actual work out on it after I complete one. So when I have blank days it stresses me out, even though we have planned rest days IN the schedule.

I think it is just a personality thing. I am very very very much of a Type A personality. (By the way, I am NOT exaggerating...I scored a 327 on the Jenkins Activity Survey Anyway, I really just have to get a grip on the fact that I will not be able to follow the calendar to the t, because my life is super busy.

That being said, I am going to try and make up my run tonight before my softball game. Maybe not as strenuous as the schedule suggested because last time I did that, I ended up with a sore butt! (Which I contributed to running and then squatting through 4 innings while I played catcher). Last night called for a negative split: 30 minutes out and 10-20% more effort on the way back. I stink at negative splits so I WILL have to try this tonight...but maybe with 20 minutes out instead.

No comments: