Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Oops! I Did It Again!

Sorry. Lame title I know. And I am NOT a Britney fan, just in case you were wondering.

Last night we had options for our run...4.5 miles, 5.6 miles or 6.7 miles. Coach Joe F very diligently passed out the routes before we left as he always does. But let me tell you...I am the WORST with directions. I don't care if you give me turn by turn directions or a map. For some reason my brain doesn't work that way.

Which is why I ended up doing who knows how many miles instead of the 6.7 I planned on. Whoops. I noticed everyone running towards me on our route last night instead of away from me. I turned around and the people I was running with were gone. Apparantly I was running on Victoria AVENUE instead of turning on Victoria LANE like I was supposed to. So I went as far as it looked like people were running and then turned around and ran back. In the meantime I passed Coach Joe F who looked at me puzzled and I yelled "I know! I messed up!" When I did turn around I figured I should explain to one of our mentors who was running. Except I said "I'm stupid. I can't read directions." To which he replied "Oh, OK. This is the 6.7 option." Then I started to think, 'oh great. He thinks I literally CAN"T READ directions.'He even waited for me at the top of the hill to point out that I had to turn right. I felt stupid now for two reasons.

Oh well, I think I ran the whole thing at a 10 minute mile pace...which a little slower than what I was supposed to do (10% faster than your race pace). I just have to get used to this heat!!!

No comments: