Thursday, July 5, 2007

100! 100! 100!

So this is my 100th post. Hurrah! I was going to do something cool, like list the 100 reasons I love running. But I think that would take forever. And honestly I don't know that I could come up with 100 of them. Don't get me wrong, I love running, but 100 is a lot so I would end up having to name little stupid things like "my shoes are orange which is cool" or something like that, to round out the list. So maybe I will list the top ten reasons I love running. (Just multiply each of them by 10).

10. Runners' lingo. Talking about things like Shot Bloks, and chafing, and IT Bands and lactic acid and all of that stuff makes me feel like I am in a special club of cool athletes. :)

9. The sense of humor about running...like all the funny signs I saw during the marathon, or the shirt I saw on cafepress that said "26.2" on the front and "got toenails?" on the back.

8. Gaining muscle weight, losing fat weight and toning up.

7. Putting my shuffle to good use and finding music in my music library that I didn't even know I had.

6. Getting to know my body better. I used to be Miss Injury when I ran in high school. Now I know the difference between when I have just worked my muscles too hard and can still work out and when I've really injured myself and need to take it easy.

5. The running community. Who knew there were so many runners out there who all go through the same/similar things?

4. Bob Roncker's Running Spot. I know! I know! I sound like a commercial. But it really is a cool place and truly where runners can just hang out. Sometimes I feel like its one of my three homes (my real home, my work and the Running Spot). And seriously, I would NOT have run a marathon if I wasn't in that training program.

3. I feel sooooo good after a run. Especially a long one. In my training every time we ran more mileage I felt more and more accomplished.

2. Running clears my head. It is meditative and makes me feel good even after I had a bad day.

1. I can say I ran 26.2 miles, and I am just crazy enough to do it again.

Yes there are more reasons. And I'm sure I missed a ton. But those are the important ones I can think of right now. :)

No comments: