Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's Official!

I got my marathon "confirmation ticket" in the mail yesterday for Chicago.

It is kind of funny because it is not really a "ticket" per se, but a program like you would get for going to a play. And there are sooo many rules! I was trying to read the book last night, but I couldn't concentrate on it because there was just so much information.

The big thing that stuck with me though was the "no ipod" rule. I am wondering how strict they really are on this. They had the same rule at the Flying Pig, but I saw plenty of people with ipods (myself included). The wording in the rules for Chicago seem stricter though. I figure that my skirt has an ipod pocket, so I can just stash it in there and then use it or not.

I was also very glad to hear that they DO have vanilla gels at the 17.5 mile. I, of course, will have my own stash, but it's just nice to know anyway.

I can't believe that it is less than a month away!

Tonight we do my least favorite thing: a negative split run. 30 minutes out and turn around to come back in less time. I stink at these, but I guess that just means I need to practice them :)

No comments: