Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Shameless Product Plug

(Well, I guess it really isn't shameless, since I don't sell them or anything).

So, on Saturday, I bought the most amazing new toy. It is called the stick . I have seen other people use it and was intrigued. It looks like this, well, stick, that has all of these beadlike things on it. You roll it over your muscles when they are sore. After I finished my 20 miler on Saturday I stretched out and then went right downstairs at the Running Spot to buy one. I figured if I ever needed one, then would be the best time to buy it. I got "the Marathoner" which is 20" and the most flexible.

I must tell you, this thing is intense.

You hold your legs up to use it, so that your muscles are loose and not tense, and roll it back and forth. It really really kneads them out. It worked wonders on my calf that has been tensing up. And it REALLY gets in there to get those knots out. It feels great.

I had Bill roll it over my legs when I got home too. I think he was using more force and it hurt so much that it tickled, but a good kind of hurt. I could not stop laughing. I think he was afraid to continue using it because it was causing me to burst out into hysterics.

I also used it on my Achilles that night, when it started getting all snappy like it does after my long runs (gross). It totally worked. I was fine the next day when usually I still have to deal with snappiness.

So now I think I am a totally weird runner. I've gotten used to chugging down the Gu's and I get excited about a beaded stick. Oh well. Running all that mileage must do something to your brain.

No comments: