Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Lack of Motivation

Lately I have really had to force myself to run. I think it must be something in the air though, because I have heard the same thing from all of the people I run with. That’s why it’s good that I am in a running group. It forces me to go to practice.

Last night I was SO unmotivated to go. Especially since I knew that we had a 7 mile run in Eden Park. Those are some crazy hills, and I didn’t feel up to them…especially since it was hot again, and I had enjoyed an entire week of fall weather.

There is also some mental thing with me and Eden Park. I generally like running there. I have had a lot of good runs there. But the thing is, it is always the same route…when you get to Seasongood Pavillion you turn around. It is about six miles. If you want to add on, or are in Group A (the fast people) run all the way to the overlook at the Celestial before you turn around. So when ALL of us have to run to the Celestial I am like “NO! It’s too far!!!” Even though it is only another half mile there and a half mile back.

All of that being said, I had a really enjoyable run last night. I even felt fast at some times. My mini-group ended up doing the whole thing at a 10 minute mile pace, which I guess was good since we were supposed to do a tempo run (a run at your 10k pace). And it felt like we finished really really early (but we didn’t…it was 8:00 just like it usually is) and that we ran short mileage (but we didn’t…we usually run 6 miles on Tuesdays).

I AM worried about Saturday seeming long though. Because every time I knock back my mileage I initially think ‘this is going to be a piece of cake’ and then I end up thinking ‘I’m glad that was only XX miles…I don’t think I could have gone any farther.’ It’s all a mental game I guess.

Oh yes, and the tapeworm is back. It is NOT cool to be hungry ALL THE TIME. It is very inconvenient.

No comments: