Friday, September 14, 2007

Saturday Run

My scabs are healing nicely, which is good news because I have my 20-miler tomorrow. Which, by the way, I am very very nervous about. I am just not feeling it.

Two weeks ago, when I ran my 18-miler (when I showed up at Lunken thinking I was supposed to do a 20-miler) I was feeling really great. I was ready to take on an entire marathon. So I knew I could do it. This week I am just not looking forward to it.

The good news is that the weather is going to be perfect. I always run better in colder weather, so I have been waiting for this forever. I won't even know what to wear. Just kidding. I will pretty much dress like it is 90 degrees out. I heat up quickly.

I have been carb-loading all day...which was easy because I was in an all-day work session. They are always catered. And they ALWAYS have french bread. I took 4 slices. And I piled up my plate with tons of food. It kind of reminded me of Emilio Estevez's character in the Breakfast Club, when they all take out their lunches . The clients looked at me a little strangely but then one of my colleagues mentioned that I was a marathoner, and they were all like "ohhhhhh!" I am hoping we can go out for some pasta tonight!

I swear, eating is the best part of running!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your 20-miler! I'll be doing mine tomorrow, too.