Monday, September 24, 2007

Less than Two Weeks to Go!

By this time in two weeks I will already have finished my marathon! This time my training has absolutely flown by. I don’t know if it is because I have already gone through this before, or if it was because my training period was shorter, or if it was just because I have been having a lot more fun with it. Anyway, I am so pumped and ready.

The only thing that I do worry about is the flat course. Flat courses seem 10x as long to me. My 5k in Mason a few weeks ago seemed like eternity. Imagine that for 26.2 miles!

However, Coach Joe F has been really good about having us train on the flat parts of Cincinnati (yes, there are flat parts). Even if it means running on Eastern every Saturday, I guess this is a good thing. I am definitely more used to running flat than I was in May.

This Saturday we did 12 miles. It wasn’t too bad except for feeling a little weird about running on the highway. It was only a little bit on 50 (a quarter of a mile?) and the shoulder was superwide, and there was hardly any traffic, but even so…

It didn’t seem like the run was that long. I think it’s actually because we were running a lot of the same territory we ran the week before with our 20, but almost half. It was nice mentally to start at CrossRoads and cover that same beginning territory (the week before we had started at the Running Spot…about 3 miles from where we were at CrossRoads). So already, I felt like I didn’t have as far to go. Plus, there was no Eden Park.

Don’t get me wrong, there WERE hills. Hills, like all the way from the bottom of Linwood to the top. (Why are these hills always at the END of our mileage)?

I also got a chance to try out my new Triks skirt. It is EXTREMELY lightweight. It almost made me feel like I wasn’t wearing anything. (This could also be because it has spankies instead of the little shorts underneath that I am accustomed to.) It took awhile to get used to, but I think I ended up liking it better than my Pearl Izumi skirt. I will definitely be taking this one to Chicago!

I am bummed because I am missing my group runs this week, so I will have to be super vigilant about running on my own. (I stink at this).

Today is also the day I start eating like a runner should. Which is too bad, since I’m having lunch for work at Palomino’s.

1 comment:

Runner Leana said...

Wow, time flies! It sounds like you are definitely ready for Chicago. Have a great race. I really like Skirt Sports as well. Another one worth trying (and has eeked out as my all time favorite) is runningskirts.com.