Friday, September 7, 2007

Easy Day

Tomorrow I have an easy day and I am so glad, because tonight is our company outing and I want to make sure I can stay out late. I just have to make sure that I watch what I eat so that I don't have problems like last time. Looks like we are hitting Eastern again for a nice 12 miles. I almost feel like, 'what's the point?'. Just kidding. But 12 miles does seem really really light. Especially since we usually do a 10 or 12 mile loop and then add on from there.

What I'm most excited about (runningwise) this weekend though, is the Race for the Cure. It will be a good, fun way to do a recovery run. Plus, the course is completely flat. Last year, my friend Jen and I ran it and it was a lot of fun. Plus, it was just a very very inspirational race. I had just read Why I Wore Lipstick to my Mastectomy for my bookclub, so felt like I had a better understanding of what breast cancer survivors go through. It was really moving when at the beginning of the race, they had all of the survivors march in. There were so many of them!

Plus, I coerced all of my non-running friends to run again. Of course, this includes big plans for IHOP afterwards.


Which is good, because my tapeworm is back and I am eating like crazy. This does not bode well for my parents, who are having a cookout this weekend, but IHOP can be sure it will sure be making money on me.

This time though, its weird, because I am so hungry all the time, but I can't eat that much. I mean, like I will eat a burger and be so full that I can't finish my fries. But then, less than an hour later I am starving like I haven't eaten in an entire day. So I've been grazing like crazy.

Bill thinks its because my metabolism is fast but my stomach is small. Well, and of course all the calories I am now burning on my long runs. At any rate, I am not complaining because I LOVE to eat.

No comments: