Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Bad Mood Run


So, if I am in a bad mood one of two things happens with my running. Either I have a great run and forget about everything bad or I have a horrible run and am in an even worse mood. So, as I was packing up last night to go home from work my mom IMs me and asks if I want to come over since my husband was out of town (I totally get my energy from being around other people...even if they aren't talking to me, with me, in the same room as me). I took her up of the offer, since chances were that since I had a REALLY horrible day I would not have a good run.
I grabbed my dog, headed over and indulged on almost a whole medium pizza with two kinds of olives. :)

Tonight is Fartlek training, which I have not done before. Now, now, let's not be inmature. Fart means speed, which I found out on my trip to Germany when I was on a lake cruise in the Fleet-Fahrt. :)

Anyway, our training tonight consists of:

10 minutes warmup
1 minute on, 1 minute off
2 on, 2 off
3 on, 3 off
2 on, 2 off
1 on, 30 seconds off
2 on, 1 off
3 on, 90 seconds off
2 on, 1 off
1 on, 1 off
2 on, 2 off
3 on, 3 off
2 on, 2 off
1 on, 1 off

the "on"s being 10k pace (which is 9 minutes for me) and the "off"s being marathon pace (which is 11 minutes for me). It sounds very hard. I hope I do okay. I heard the humidity is down today which is very very promising.

No comments: