Monday, August 20, 2007

Crazy Busy

Hmph. I have been CRAZY busy with my life...which makes it a LOT harder to get runs in. And even HARDER to blog about them. I know, excuses excuses.

Anyway, I hit the track yesterday afternoon for some 800s with my husband, Bill. I didn't get as many in as I wanted to because of the SALAD INCIDENT. I don't know if anyone has gone to Steak n' Shake lately, but they have all these new salads. They are delicious. Not as delicious as their fries with cheddar cheese, which I really really wanted, but still pretty good. We each had the grilled chicken salad for lunch. Mine with ranch dressing. Yum. But being a weekend, by the time we ate lunch it was 2:30. It looked like a big storm was trying to come in when we finally got home so I wanted to hit the track right away. THEN our electricity went out, so I guess it was a sign from God that we needed to leave for our workout.

Anyway, it was sooooo humid out. I was feeling good, for the most part, besides the humidity. I was pacing really really well, which made me happy since that is one of the biggest struggles that I have. We were on our fourth 800 and eww, gross, I threw up salad. Nasty. Don't worry, I went to the grass, not on the actual track. I don't think I can eat ranch dressing for awhile.

Bill said he guesses that salad is not a good pre-race meal for me.

Add it to the list. :)

No comments: