Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Blessing in Disguise

OK. So my knee REALLY hurt this morning.
I can't imagine what it would have felt like if I had run the hill repeats last night.
So maybe working late was a blessing in disguise. Maybe.

I mean, I still didn't like it.

It looks like ice is going to be my best friend for awhile, as well as IBProfrin. The doctor said that I should take 4 pills of the OTC kind twice a day. He said on Saturday, since I am doing 20 miles, I can do 4 pills three times a day. I guess I won't be drinking on Saturday then :) I mean, I would like to have a liver. The doctor also said that my knee SHOULDN'T hurt, but the reason it does is because it is still inflamed. I am going to take it easy.

I am really looking forward to the 20-miler. Not so much the actual run, but the way it makes me feel afterwards. Last time I did a 20-miler I hopped on a plane to England for 9 weeks and had to do the rest of my training in isolation. This time I will be able to taper with the group. Hurrah! That should be nice.

No comments: