Tuesday, August 28, 2007

RANTERGRRRL

GRRRRR! GRRRRR! GRRRRR!

I had always promised myself that I would not be one to let work interfere with my life, but I guess I was wrong. That is why I am writing this post right now instead of doing hill repeats with the rest of my group.

This is ridiculous!
I put in 15 hours yesterday at work and it looks like I am going to do that again tonight. I would MUCH rather be running. ESPECIALLY since running gets all of that cortisol out of your system, which I am very sure I have a lot of right now. Luckily I got a laptop from the tech department so that I can do the work at home.

Anyway. Enough of that.

I went to the orthopaedic guy today to check out my knee (I had booked the appointment a long time ago, and decided to keep it). They did an x-ray of my knee and then the doctor pointed out something I never noticed. My left leg is much more muscular than my right. Which of course is why I have knee problems on my right. He said it is a vicious cycle, and until I develop my right leg to be as muscular as my left, I will continue to have problems. He put me into physical therapy twice a week for 4 weeks and then wants to see me again.

The good news is that I can do my 20 this weekend.

The bad news is that it is at Lunken which means 4 laps of flat flat course. BORING!!!!

OK. Well, back to work. Lucky me.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hey Emily!

I noticed you were MIA last night! I hate that because I know you like hills. There were 3 groups and my Group 2 did 6 hill repeats. It took us about 1 hour and 10 minutes total! This weekend, do you really think we are doing "Lunken Loops"? I thought flat and boring meant possibly starting at Lunken and running Eastern/Riverside into downtown and back.....hmm I guess we will just have to wait for Joe's email. Keep you chin up at work! Today is hump day!