Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Yassos Thwarted

So we were supposed to have a Yasso 800 workout last night. We ran the 2 mile warmup to the track but when we got there we had to have a change of plans. There was a soccer game and I guess tons of fans, so it would be a little strange if we did our workout on the track. Joe F proceeded to tell us our workout of 6 miles which really really confused me. I get lost even when I have directions, so I knew this wouldn't be any good. Plus, it seemed like a whole lot more than 6 miles and it was grossly humid out.

So I was glad when my group, led by Coach Cathy, decided to modify the plan. We just took the two miles back to where we started, turned right, ran out for 10 minutes and then ran back (since we were doing ten minute miles). She asked if we wanted to make it a fartlek workout which we responded resoundingly NO!!!

It was a pretty good run. I like running in a little pack. I know, I know, this is the whole purpose of joining the running group. It's just that before I was always going a little faster than the people I was supposed to be running with (and would tire out)and a little slower than the people in front of me. So I would end up running in between the two groups by myself. Which is really really hard to keep a pace. Besides, Coach Cathy cracks me up which makes running even MORE enjoyable.

All in all, it was a good run. It took my stress from the day away and put me in a good mood, which is, after all, what running is supposed to do. :)

No comments: