Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hurrah! So Excited! (And Yasso 800s)

Last night I had another Yasso 800 workout. This time I had to do 5 of them. I don't know what it is about the Yassos, but I really love them (even though they make me sweat like a pig). This time I also pumped up the time to an 8:44 pace. It WAS an intense workout, but I did still have energy at the end. Which makes me think that my revised, revised goal of 4:22 is possible. If I could do that, it would mean that I took 54 minutes off my time from last year. (If you believe the whole Yasso method...I mean, I know I didn't do 10 yet. But by the time I have to do 10 I know I can). I am trying to not get too far ahead of myself with this goal setting, but really it is very exciting.

I am also excited because I have been talking to my running buddy, Sarah ,from the training group. I found out that the Roncker group is doing their 18-miler on the 5th of April. I, coincidently, will be in Cincinnati on the 5th of April. So I emailed Coach Joe and asked if I could join them for their Saturday run and he said of course. Yay! It will be so fun to see everyone and to run with Sarah again! I have been following HER blog and it seems that we are both making the same improvements...so we'll be able to pace together!

It will also be great to get to run some of the course, because after doing the Central Park roads over and over, I have no idea if the hills compare, or pale in comparison. :)

1 comment:

Judi said...

I have to try these 800's. I think I will this week. So, if I want my time to be 4:45 I have to run an 800 in 4:45? Seems easy enough. Thanks again!