Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Yasso 800s

Tonight is Yasso 800s again. This time I have to do 5 of them. I am kind of looking forward to them. I decided to do these with a 1% incline on the treadmill to make up for wind resistance. I ALSO decided to pick up the pace a smidge, based on my last few runs, which have been at sub 10:00 paces. I would be so pumped if I could run a marathon at a 4:22. I think I can do it. And I might as well start training that way now, right?

Last night, Bill and I stuck to our goal of maintaining a recovery pace. It was difficult to do at first, and I kept wanting to speed up. I felt like I was just trudging along (which is funny, because that used to be my pace not all that long ago). I could definitely tell the difference though, because on the short and middle runs I usually hold a conversation with Bill. Usually , I can feel myself taking deeper breaths while I am doing this. But last night I talked the whole time and it was almost as if I wasn't running.

It was nice, because I just felt like it was a nice opportunity to shake out my legs and warm up my muscles a little bit (which I guess is the point of an SRR). Then I went home and did an arm weight workout in front of "The Biggest Loser." I think Bill thinks that it's funny that I do this every week during the show. But I asked him "How could you watch that show and NOT feel like you have to do something?" Besides, we all know that strong arms make you run faster. :)

1 comment:

Judi said...

I love Jillian on that show. She is amazing.