Friday, March 28, 2008

Yassos Again

I am starting to not like these Yassos.

I don't know why, but suddenly they seem very very difficult. I know that they seem that way because I am adding more and more on with each week (this week I did 7...the most Yassos I've ever actually done!). But the thing is, I start to get tired after the third one! It has crossed my mind that maybe I am going too fast. But it has also crossed my mind that this is speed work and that it is supposed to be fast.

All I know, is that they make me sweat like none other. I always feel sorry for the other people in the gym, who must be smelling me. I REALLY feel sorry for the people who get in the elevator after me. It hadn't occurred to me that it was that bad until one night Bill got in the same elevator that I was in about 5 minutes after I had gotten back from my workout and said "Were you in the elevator on the right? The one nearest us?" And I was like, "Yeah, why?" And he said that he could tell that I had come back from a workout. Whoops. Gross.

But I must say, after a hard, sweaty workout like that, I do feel really good. I feel like I accomplished something, which I never usually feel on my weekday runs (I know you really aren't supposed to on recovery runs).

Oh, and another thing? Do NOT watch cooking shows while you are doing speedwork. Someone was watching Emeril in the gym last night and I had to keep averting my eyes (which was difficult because I also didn't want to watch the clock continuously) from it so that I wouldn't feel sick. He was making non-traditional lasagnes. Bleh.

1 comment:

Judi said...

I wish I had tried the Yasso's. I will this week. You make them sound really great. And you are right, speedwork HURTS.