Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My Reward System

So I have been rewarding myself for running. I wanted to do something to make me realize how many miles I am actually running, so I decided to put a dollar away for every mile I run. At the end of the week I write myself a check and put it into my savings. This also encourages me to put in ALL of my mileage for the week. At the end of it all I am going to go shopping at Tiffany's. That way, I will always have something to remember my first marathon. It was actually kind of funny because after my race Saturday, when I was feeling down, I said to my husband Bill, "well, that's nine more dollars. Well, nine dollars and thirty cents to be exact." It also makes my long runs more rewarding: 15 miles is 15 more dollars! I haven't started looking for what I want yet. That sounds like a lunchtime activity.

I told a few people in running group about this and they were like "that's a really good idea." My rationale is that you have to reward yourself for doing something that insane to your body!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,the $ for every mile is a great idea! I'm from Canada we run in kilometres, so that's even more money ($42 for a marathon).

Anonymous said...

@ Anonymous: True, but that's also $42 Canadian. After conversion, it's all the same :)