Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Some Cool Things I Forgot About

I was being such a cry-baby about my race that I forgot to mention some really cool things I saw during the Mini-Heart Marathon.

One thing that was super cool is that anytime someone from the group saw anyone else from the group, they would cheer them on. There was a lot of opportunity for this since you run the course one way and run it back the other way.

I also thought it was really neat how when the first male and female runners ran by on the way back, everyone on the way up clapped and cheered. Ever since I ran in high school I always thought runners were the nicest atheletes because they recognize things like this, or cheer you on during a race in which they are competing with you. Runners can be extremely unselfish.

But the coolest thing I saw, was this one man who was in front of me. The back of his shirt read: "I've run all" and then had a piece of duct tape on it that said "30". (This was the 30th mini-marathon). That is so cool! I hope that I can have that kind of stamina and that I can keep with running like that!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hey runner girl!

I like the new layout of your blog...white makes it seem like we are transitioning to spring. Are you ready for 17 this weekend? I have been thinking about this run all week and trying to mentally prepare. Good luck, and just think $17 more dollars for your "reward" What a great idea!