Thursday, March 1, 2007

Killer Running Music

Music is sooooo essential to me having a good run. I have no idea what I am going to do during the marathon since headphones are banned. Here are my favorites for my runs:

• Baba O'Reilly – The Who
• Lucas with the Lid Off – Lucas
• Pump It – The Black-Eyed Peas
• Ding Dong Daddy (On the D Car Line) – Cherry Poppin Daddies
• Run Like Hell – Pink Floyd
• Swing Set – Jurassic 5
• Movies of Myself – Rufus Wainwright
• Sowing the Seeds of Love – Tears for Fears
• Birthday – The Beatles
• Every Little Thing She Does is Magic – The Police
• Space Dementia – Muse
• Hook – Blues Traveller
• I'm Just a Girl – No Doubt
• Pressure – Billy Joel
• Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy – Queen
• Fight Test – The Flaming Lips
• Get Him Back – Fiona Apple
• Porcelain – Moby
• Champagne Supernova – Oasis
• Raspberry Beret – Prince
• Benny and the Jets – Elton John
• The Way We Get By – Spoon
• The Irony of It All – The Streets
• Streets Have No Name – U2
• Selling the Drama – Live
• Mr. Brightside – The Killers
• Rock Me Now - Metric

I mean, how can you listen to Baba O'Reilly and not want to run? It's almost Pavlovian for me. I told my dad one time "How could you not run in the 70's, the music was so conducive to it?" I also am really digging "Sowing the Seeds of Love" right now. I know. I am weird.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you can still run with headphones on even though they say not to. noone checks things like that. enjoy your tunes.

Unknown said...

even though they say you can't use headphones, nobody checks to see if you are wearing them. enjoy your tunes.