Thursday, March 15, 2007

Wow! It's So Light Out!

I LOVE Daylight Savings Time. EVEN THOUGH we lost an hour of sleep last weekend. It is nice to know that I can get home from work, run my 7 miles and still have it be light out. Even in the rain last night it was light enough that I felt safe enough to not get hit by cars. I still had to push it to really get out the door once I got home. To do this, I brought my running clothes to work and changed into them right before I left. Normally I do not feel weird about this, but yesterday I did for some reason. You know, walking around downtown to get to your car in bright green shorts? Or maybe it was my gleeming white new shoes.

I went to Bob Roncker's Running Spot this weekend because they were having a shoe sale, promising myself not to buy anything unless it was exactly the same kind of shoes I had before. I had the Spot Check done there in November, where they watch/tape you on a treadmill and fit shoes to you based on how you run. I liked my shoes and they seemed to work well, so I wanted the exact same kind. Luckily they had a pair! They are not bright orange like my last ones though, which I kind of liked, but hey! they were on sale!

My run was great last night. I felt really good. I was a little nervous about all of the hills I had to tackle, because my shins have been killing me on the hills lately. I psyched myself up though and it felt great.

I was a little bummed because I had only done 6.8 miles and felt like a little bit of a slacker...that is definately on the low end of my training runs now. But when my husband later said "wow, that's more than a 10k right?" it made me feel better about it. For some reason I guess that sounds like more. :)

2 comments:

sallen said...

HI, Just wanted you to know how much I'm enjoying your blog. I am training for the 1/2, my first. I'm 51 and been seriously running for almost 2 yrs. I'm really nervous and excited. I'll look for you the day of the race. SandyAllen

Anonymous said...

emily!!! we miss you, come to training group and we'll eat sport beans!