Friday, April 20, 2007

I am a Nerd

I think I just realized how obsessed with running I am now because I was on the London Marathon website and was reading about the expo where people are going to pick up their packets. I was thinking, I should go to that. I mean, it wouldn't hurt. Those expos have all kinds of booths about running and sometimes good deals on gear. And it really isn't that far away anyway. So I am going tomorrow morning just to check it out. That's when I realized what a nerd I have become when it comes to running. I think also that I just really miss my group. So I am trying to do anything I can to stay in touch with running (yes, this includes actually running).

Our coach has been sending us daily emails with tips in them. He keeps emphasizing that we MUST taper, even though the temptation is great to get some more speedwork or hillwork done. I don't know about everyone else, but I am ENJOYING the taper. My body is TIRED. I am going to need every ounce of energy I have to do another long run like we did last Saturday. But also, I think that this may be because I am familiar with the concept of tapering. I used to be a swimmer and we would taper for the last two weeks before our final meets. I guess I can understand how people would think this concept is strange. I mean, I remember being freaked out in the beginning of my training that I was going to lose everything I had worked for when I had to slow down because of injury. Anyway, I am taking it easy and loving it.

Tomorrow my long run will be 12 miles...nothing!
I am looking forward to it.
And I bought a pocket map last night, so now I know where I am going.

No comments: