Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Rained Out!

Well, more like lightning out. Yesterday was super warm, 74 degrees as I was getting out of my car to head into Game Day Sports Cafe for our group run. As soon as I got in it started POURING down rain and the temperature felt like it dropped 10-20 degrees immediately. People were looking outside skeptically. There was also that crazy lightning that you can see fork down to touch the ground. We were all just anxious to get out and get it over with. We waited for like 10 minutes and then Coach Joe announced that we weren't going. He said it was one thing to be out running and then lightning happens, but quite another to send us out in a lightning storm. That's great! Because I remember when I was on the rowing team at UC we would practice in the middle of lightning storms IN THE RIVER. I was completely nervous the whole time. And it seems like it would take a massive lightning storm for them to call off any swim meet I ever participated in. And no, I'm not getting old and scared and over-cautious, I was always nervous about that kind of stuff.

Anyway, I got into the car, called Bill, and told him we could hit the gym together. Back to the elliptical (which is sooooooooo boring). My knee still hurts, so maybe it was a blessing in disguise that I couldn't hit the road, even if it was only 4 miles. (I was going to run with the walking [well, running] wounded.

Running group meets again tonight as a make-up, but I have to take my dog to her first dog training class. She is very much the pack-leader of our family, so controlling her will probably be enough of a work-out for me!

1 comment:

Running 2 Mohican said...

Looks like you are doing a great job getting ready for the pig. Lightning and running never mixes. Have fun.
Rob